Monday 18 March 2013

PC Hooper's leaving message to the council.


Dear All

As the Sheriff of Buckfastleigh (as some call me) this is a very difficult time for me.  Over these past 8 years I have really enjoyed my work in Buckfastleigh and surrounding areas, but most of all I have enjoyed meeting and working alongside all the people.  There is a real community spirit in the town, and although I will hold fond memories of the many Town events that have been staged over the years, it is the people I shall miss the most.

Although I do not live in the Town I have always been made to feel very welcome. Whilst I have not been able to solve all the problems in the town, I do hope that I have made a difference and helped to improve life both for residents and businesses. One thing that has always impressed me is the number of people who volunteer or give up their own time to improve Buckfastleigh, whether socially, financially or environmentally. The community spirit has played a major part in solving/preventing some of the issues that have/may have affected so many people.

The “young people” in the Town are often unduly slated. There are of course, like in any town, a small minority that ruin it for others, but on the whole the young people are respectful and a credit to the town, despite some of their circumstances. On the whole my experience of them in Buckfastleigh has been hugely positive and I take my hat off to those locals and professionals who already work tirelessly to help the youths.

I would like to thank everyone for their support throughout my “reign” in Buckfastleigh I shall miss you all.  As some of you may be aware, I will be passing the badge to my experienced colleague PC Andy Dudley who is currently the Neighbourhood Beat Manager for Ashburton and well aware of the issues and people in Buckfastleigh.  I trust he will enjoy his time working in this community as much as I have. Of course Tamzin Campbell-Moseley will remain as the PCSO in the Town and continue her great work.

Thank you all once again, Ali Hooper


Thanks Ali for what you've done.

No comments:

Post a Comment