Wednesday 13 June 2012

Apple Macs

Thank you Apple Princesshay Exeter for your prompt and excellent service in sorting out the sudden death of my hard drive yesterday.

Followers on Twitter will know the sudden devastation the loss of my hard drive yesterday caused me. Not quite a wailing and bashing of teeth but near enough.

But those nice people at Apple diagnosed the problem, and I decided rather than reformat and back up the old hard drive to invest in a new hard drive, they installed it, all within a 45mins.

Now what is the moral of this tale.

Well thanks to TDC Dave for sage advice to a new Councillor along the lines of ' have you considered a back up device/'

Having obtained one, and used it at every opportunity, I am very grateful for that advice.

Once the hard drive was formatted, I was able to restore all my settings and data - ok it took almost 6 hours with uploads and backups (yes started immediately) and configuring all the peripherals, but it lives master!

So good peoples out there in Blog Land - back up your machines on a regular basis - it really is worth it.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment